Hearing Tests: A hearing (audiometric) test is part of an ear examination that evaluates a person's ability to hear by measuring the ability of sound to reach the brain.
Hearing Aid Selection and Pricing: Our strong relationships with the major hearing aid manufacturing laboratories allow us to extend cost savings to our patients. These savings result in top of the line technology available to you at hundreds, sometimes thousands, of dollars less than you will find on the internet or at other facilities for the same hearing aids.
The price you pay covers all office visits for the life of the hearing aid, as well as a standard 1-year manufacturer honored warranty for repairs. This 1-year warranty also includes one-time loss and damage coverage on each hearing aid with a $225 deductible.
At OTOhealth Hearing Care, you will not pay more for a “brand name” hearing aid. Pricing for our digital hearing aids of all styles and technology levels ranges from $995 to $3,400. Most recommendations made by our audiologists fall in the middle of this range, and these recommendations are highly dependent on your hearing loss and communication profile.
Which hearing aid is right for me?
Hearing aids come in a wide range of products and prices and the level selected depends on several factors:
1. Your hearing loss. Your level of hearing impairment and specific frequencies where impairment exists can determine which products are appropriate for you.
2. Your lifestyle and hearing objectives. Generally, less expensive models are appropriate for less active individuals who seek hearing improvement in one primary listening situation (e.g. around the house). More expensive models with multiple memories and advanced features are appropriate for individuals who require hearing improvement in varied listening situations such as work, church, social situations, home and on the telephone. Advanced features such as directional microphones, telephone options, and multiple memories can sometimes increase the cost of hearing aids.
3. One aid or two? Most people with hearing loss have impairment in both ears. Those with impairment in both ears need two hearing aids to achieve the best possible performance. Years of clinical research have shown the following benefits of wearing two hearing aids as opposed to one: increased speech understanding in normal listening situations and in noise, enhanced sound quality and a sense of balance, and improved sound localization.
4. Cosmetic preferences. Hearing aids come in a variety of styles and sizes. Pictures and descriptions of the various styles of hearing aids are included on our website.
5. Your budget. As with most major purchases, you need to prioritize the features and performance that are most important to you and make a selection that provides a balance of features and affordability. At OTOhealth Hearing Care, our wide selection of products and our low prices enable our professionals to make recommendations that provide more features at better prices than the competition. Our audiologists work with you to help you choose which style and size hearing aid is right for you.
Hearing Aid Service(s)
Hearing Aid Consultation & Evaluation
Both you and the Audiologist will collectively determine the best possible hearing aid for you factoring in your unique listening needs, preferences, budget and lifestyle. You will also be counseled about realistic outcomes of wearing hearing aids during your trial period.
We offer a wide selection of digital hearing aids from a variety of major hearing aid manufacturers. We will work with you to find the best solution for your hearing care needs within your budget.
Hearing Aid Fitting & Follow Up Care
The hearing aid fitting occurs approximately two weeks after your initial consultation and/or evaluation. At that time, you will be fitted with your hearing instruments via computerized 'live' speech mapping. This technique ensures the most accurate fitting and prescription for your listening needs. You will also be instructed on the proper use and care of your hearing aids.
Trial Period and Warranty
All hearing aids come with a 45-day trial period, 1 to 3-year repair warranty, 1 to 3-year loss policy. All of your follow-up visits including all adjustments and cleanings are at no additional charge.
Hearing Aid Repairs
We can repair most hearing aids at a reasonable cost and sometimes even provide you with a loaner.
Evaluation & Fitting of Custom Ear Devices
Musician's Ear Plugs: Musicians practice and perform in a variety of different settings. They are exposed to high levels of sound, sometimes for long periods, which may put them at risk for permanent hearing damage. Musician’s earplugs are custom-made devices that help to limit the sound exposure from instruments, while still providing a rich musical experience for the performer or audience.
Swimming & sleeping earplugs: Soft, custom earplugs can help protect your ears while swimming, and contribute to a more peaceful night's sleep
For Shooters: Whether it's game movement, trap release or range commands, hearing is an important element of your shooting accuracy, safety and enjoyment. We specialize in custom products that are designed to extend the range of your hearing, while limiting the harmful effects of muzzle blasts.
We keep a supply of batteries for you to purchase in our office. Stop in routinely for fresh batteries. Make sure to check the batteries in your hearing devices often and make sure there is no dirt, wax or debris interfering with the batteries performance. Batteries that are properly charged will make a noise (a squeal) when cupped in your hand or after it has been inserted in your ear, when you cup your hand over the hearing aid it will also make a noise.
• Size 10 (yellow)
• Size 312 (brown)
• Size 13 (orange)
• Size 675 (blue)
In Office Services
We encourage ongoing cleaning and maintenance after your hearing aid purchase to ensure you receive optimum performance and benefit from your hearing aid(s). We encourage all our patients to come in for regular hearing aid check-ups and cleaning.
Repairs, Maintenance, Cleanings, and Warranties come with all brands of hearing aids. We offer in-office repairs when possible on most makes/models.
Otoacoustic emission testing allows the audiologist to understand how the outer hair cells of your inner ear are working.
Tinnitus Evaluation and Management
Tinnitus is described as a ringing in the ear, and can range in severity. A tinnitus evaluation can help you identify how much tinnitus interferes with your daily life and if there are treatment options that can benefit you.
Tympanometry is an examination used to test the condition of the middle ear and mobility of the eardrum (tympanic membrane) and the conduction bones, by creating variations of air pressure in the ear canal.
At Home Services Available
Under certain circumstances, we can provide at home, nursing home, or hospital bound patients Audiology and hearing aid services for those patients who are unable to come directly to our offices. Arrangements are made with our office manager.